Travel Tips & Directions
Airport to the hostel:
From the Airport by taxi (30 minutes):
- A taxi from the Airport to the hostel will cost approximately $35.00.
From the Airport by Calgary Transit (45 minutes):
- At the airport, purchase an $8.50 transit ticket from the Mac's Convenience store.
- Take bus 300 to downtown Calgary.
- Get off at City Hall Station.
- Cross the street to the Public Library. Turn right and walk 2 blocks East.
- The hostel (green building) will be next to the park on the corner.
* For the Calgary Transit schedule, visit www.calgarytransit.com.
From the Airport by car (30 minutes):
- Exit via Airport Trail towards Deerfoot Trail
- Take the Southbound exit onto Deerfoot Trail
- Exit 16th Avenue West
- Turn left onto Centre Street
- Turn left onto 9th Avenue (base of the Calgary Tower)
- Turn left onto 6th Street SE
- Continue on 6th Avenue SE
- Turn left at parking access road (either 5th Street SE or temporary access road)
- Please use designated hostel parking spaces beside the hostel
Greyhound Station to the Hostel:
From the Greyhound Station by Taxi (10 minutes):
- A taxi from the Greyhound station to the hostel will cost approximately $10.00.
From the Greyhound Station by Transit (30 minutes):
- Follow the signs to the Sunalta Train Station. Board a Somerset or Saddletowne train. Fare: $3.00
- Take the train to City Hall station (6 stops).
- Walk 1 block in the same direction as the train was traveling
- The hostel (green building) will be next to the park on the corner
750 - 9th Avenue SE Calgary T2G5E1
Fort Calgary is located on 40 acres of parkland on the eastern edge of downtown Calgary. Discover the colourful stories of Calgary’s past from 1875 - 1914 at a lively Interpretive Centre. Experience both sides of the law as you try on an authentic RCMP uniform or spend some time in our jail. Take a short walk across the Elbow River to The Deane House, the lovingly-restored historic home of the NWMP Captain Richard Deane, now operating as a restaurant.
Open daily 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Closed January 1, Good Friday, December 24, 25, 26 and 31.
1300 Zoo Road NE Calgary
Home to over 1,000 animals and 6 acres of botanical gardens, the Calgary Zoo is one of the oldest and largest zoos in Canada.
Open daily 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Closed December 25.
800 Macleod Trail SE Calgary
Catch a direct bus to the airport
First bus departs at 4:50AM. Last bus runs at 12:15AM.
850 - 16th Street SW Calgary
The downtown Greyhound Depot offers regular service to Banff, Vancouver, Edmonton, Regina and almost everywhere you want to go in Canada.
Open 5:30AM to 12:30AM, 365 days a year.
110 8 Avenue SW Calgary
Stephen Avenue is a pedestrian mall in downtown Calgary featuring high-end shopping, souvenirs, currency exchange, restaurants, bars, museums and galleries. You can find it all on Stephen Avenue.
Businesses usually open at 9:00AM. Bars close at 2:00AM.
328 Centre Street SE Calgary T2G4X6
Calgary’s Chinatown boasts a number of culturally rich shops and malls, near a beautiful walkway along the Bow River. Enjoy a wide range of facilities including bakeries, jewelry stores, restaurants & more. Also in this area is the Chinese Cultural Center, featuring many unique & colorful displays.
Stores: 11:00AM - 6:00PM
Mall: 10:00AM - 10:00PM
Restaurants: 11:00AM - 10:00PM
200 Barclay Parade SW Calgary T2P4R5
Eau Claire Market is one of two shopping malls in Downtown Calgary. Close to the market is the newly built Peace Bridge, a unique piece of architecture serving as a link to the Downtown area and Sunnyside. Eau Claire has many independent stores, as well as the only movie theater in Downtown Calgary.
Fall/Winter: 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Spring/Summer 10:00AM to 7:00PM
4 Street and 1 Avenue SW Calgary T2PO5K
Prince’s Island Park is a must-see destination for the nature lovers visiting Calgary, or simply those seeking out a relaxing space to unwind in. In this area you can find the River Café, one of the top recommended destinations for dining in Calgary.
Open 5:00PM to 11:00PM
301 10 St NW Calgary T2N1V5
Calgary’s Kensington is a hip and trendy area, with numerous café’s & eclectic shops. The area is also known for unique & colorful people that frequent it, making it a great destination for people watching. A few great shops include Crave Cupcakes and Cookies, The House Coffee Sanctuary, and more.
Store : 11:00AM to 6:00PM
Restaurants: 11:00AM to 10:00PM
130 9 Avenue SE Calgary T2G0P3
The Glenbow Museum is located in the heart of Calgary, a short 5 minute walk to the Calgary Tower and has been renowned as the #1 visitor attraction by Lonely Planet. The Glenbow is one of the largest museums in western Canada and is home to over 20 galleries.
Monday to Saturday 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Sunday 12:00PM to 5:00PM
908 17 Ave SW Calgary T2T0A3
Similar to Kensington, 17th Avenue is another trendy area in Calgary with many unique and alternative shops. This stretch of Calgary features some of the most popular and acclaimed pubs and restaurants in the city, including the Ship and Anchor, Tubby Dog, The Big Cheese Poutinerie and many more.